Chocolate Strawberry Crepe
Submitted by Courtney Lombard
Adapted from Tasty
Chocolate strawberry crepes are a fun and delicious vegetarian dish that can be served for breakfast or dessert. Crepes are very versatile and can be modified to fit your taste. You can stick to the basics and just add fruit or you can dress them up and add a variety of fruits, spreads, and other fillings.
This recipe can feed two people. You can substitute butter with coconut oil if desired. In addition, to prevent lumps, it may help to put the batter through a strainer.
- 2 cups all-purpse flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup hazlenut spread
- 10 strawberries sliced
- Powdered sugar to garnish
- Combine the flour, eggs, butter, and sugar into a large bowl. Stir until slightly mixed.
- Stirring vigorously, add the milk 1/2 cup at a time, making sure the milk is completely incorporated into the batter before adding more milk.
- Repeat with the rest of the milk. The batter should be liquidly with no lumps.
- In a pan over medium heat, pour 1/3 cup of batter in the center and swirl the batter around the edges of the pan until completely covered.
- To know when the crepe is ready to flip, lift the edges. If the edges are a golden brown, then it is ready. Flip the crepe.
- Cook on the other side until the edges are crisp.
- Remove the crepe from the heat and cover with a paper towel to keep the crepe moist.
- Spread the chocolate hazlenut spread on one half of the crepe.
- Lay the cut up strawberries on the half that is covered with the chocolate spread.
- Fold the non-covered side of the crepe on top of the strawberries. Then fold the crepe in half again.