Balsamic and Basil Bruschetta
Submitted by Rudra Patel
Adapted from Pick Up Limes
Bruschettas are an amazing appetizer dish. I especially love them because not only are they delicious, but they are very quick and easy to make!
They're also vegan, and can be gluten-free if gluten-free bread is used.
- 7 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (20-25 leaves) fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and gently toss until it is all combined.
- For optimum taste, allow for the mixture to sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Spread on toasted slices of bread.
- Add fresh basil and/or a drizzle of more balsamic vinegar on top if desired.